Friday, October 29, 2010

Ready...Set...Here We Go!

I received a call last night from our pediatric neurologist, Dr. M. Reardon, here in Austin. He called around seven. He sounded like he had had a long day and was tired, yet he still took time to call and talk to me. Fifteen minutes we were on the phone. He prescribed Trileptal for Judah. I will pick it up at the pharmacy today. Dr Reardon was so patient, so understanding, and so reassuring. I truly did not expect a call last night. I thought perhaps not until Monday would I hear from Dell Children's Neurology. I was impressed, but more than impressed, I was deeply grateful.

So, I will make a run to CVS and pick up this RX for Judah. I can't help but feeling a little nervous. I know that seizures are not uncommon. In fact, SO many people have seizures for multiple reasons, especially children with autism. Not all children with autism have seizures, but many do. It certainly isn't rare. There are so many people in the world that take seizure medication and have taken it for a number of years. Why am I so nervous about this? I guess there is one difference: Judah is my son.

Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment